Methodology for holistic retrofitting in commercial buildings
Ecoshopping retrofitting methodology considers technical, energy, legal and economic aspects forming a holistic retrofitting solution for commercial buildings, with the aim to reduce primary energy consumption of the target building and increase the share of Renewable Energy Sources.
Based on the methodology, a guideline was developed collecting the good practices from EcoShopping project, including the implementation of a pre-retrofit assessment of the building, identification of the most suitable kit of HVAC and Renewable Energy System, lighting and insulation solutions along with a proper Operation and Maintenance control through an Intelligent Automation Unit.
This Ecoshopping methodology is structured in the flowing steps for the retrofitting assessment, definition and deployment.
Project Setup and Pre-retrofit Survey
Energy Auditing and Performance Assessment
1. Analysis of at least one year of utility consumption and cost, review of building plans, and a walk-through of the building itself to establish
2. Description and analysis of the energy-using systems of the building, resulting from on-site observation, measurement, and engineering calculations, including
3. As a result of engineering analysis and economic calculations, develop:
4. Simulation model
Identification of Retrofit Options
- Analyse the retrofit options
- Intelligent Automation Unit
- Operation and Maintenance